Friday, February 21, 2014

Grave Story- Making Progress, Making Changes.

So, I've been working pretty actively on Grave Story lately. And figured I'd go ahead and give and make an update.



First off, I hit a bit of a snag in terms of story for a bit; I was unsure exactly where to go from the beginning after meeting Lilith (which is doable in the demo.) So after that it took me a little bit of thinking and a little talking to Gemsteam in order to figure out where I'm going with it. Thankfully he gave me some helpful ideas and I'm on track. For now. The next dungeon is one I think will be quite fun.

Also some tweaks are being made, some major, some minor.

First off, all skills no longer have a variance stat. Before you freak out as to what that means, variance is a stat added into RPG Maker to give any type of damage or healing a bit of randomness to it. It's set at a default of 20, which means it'll waver 20% in either direction. So something doing 100 damage will do 80-120 damage. This randomness isn't something I'm fond of, so I set the variance to 0 on all skills and attacks.

Second, I tweaked the item menu a bit. I figured out a way to have different tabs for certain items, meaning there's now an All tab, one for weapons, one for items, one for armor, alchemical ingredients, books, and so on.



I also messed with the journal. You may remember the text in the side bar being mildly squished. This is no longer a problem. It fills up the whole space now.

Lastly I have to do some thinking for the fighter character, as their default class is... not good. Originally she was an Exorcist. But this isn't a class I like. So her starting class is going to be getting a complete overhaul when I figure out what to do with it.

Beyond that, nothing else I wish to share.... yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment