Friday, November 21, 2014

11/21 Progress

SOOO I ended up scrapping a thing or two in Forum Fantasy's update. But this undoubtedly surprises nobody. Also trying to stay motivated and all. I want to get it done, but I'm doing the best I can to not adopt the mentality of "I want to get it over with, screw the quality."



I'm getting some work done on some of the extra bosses- finding proper animations for attacks can be a bit of task though. Also before long, I'll be making User Stones possible to steal.

As far as the scrapping goes, overall nothing major- just there comes a point when you realize whether something's a good idea or not.
One of the quests I WAS going to put in was a return to the Caves of Madness. It was an idea that sounded pretty cool at the time. But I began thinking about it and realized- "Isn't that kinda taking away from Prelich's quest a bit?" At the same time, I wouldn't want it to be less amusing simply because it had already been done before. Prelich's Madness is nonsense for the sake of being nonsense, and I liked the unpredictability of it. Doing it again with the entire party just feels... predictable.

Instead I can always put a similar cave in Grave Story.

Speaking of which, I'll probably be reworking the intro a little once I get back to it. Xiralv getting blown to bits and his encounter with the antagonist are, for the most part, fine. Not perfect, but fine. Talking with Death though? Feels a little rushed to me when I think about it, and considering the severity of Death's situation, I think he should take at least a LITTLE more time to iron out some of the details rather than being "Here's a job, now GET OUTTA HERE"
So yeah, that'll be a thing.


Aside from that, nothing worth spoiling.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. What do you imagine a typical steal rate for a user stone will be?

    2. I released the next demo of my game, I'd appreciate if you'd play it. http://www.mediafire.com/download/z18gw7i6bnqjl08/Ethernet+Odyssey+Demo.rar

    By the way, did you send me a Skype request yet? I figured it would be fun for us to talk about game development together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't figured that out yet, and I'll look at it when I have time.

      I can't find you at all, and I don't know why I'm not getting any requests either. Just send a message every so often until I get it I guess?

      Delete
  3. For the user stone, I'd imagine a base 40% chance with an additional 5% granted for every 100 luck Prelich has would suffice.

    Regarding the Skype request, my friend was able to add me so I'd imagine that there's something wrong with your account.

    I'll send you another request anyway

    ReplyDelete