Wednesday, December 3, 2014

ALMOST Done...

As far as the Forum Fantasy update goes, I'm basically on the home-stretch. Only one thing left to do!


So all that's left to do is the date with Tambot. This is, by far, the most complicated thing in the game by far. Here's a zoomed-out version of the outline:


Keep in mind it's not even done. It branches all over the place. I'm confident I can make it work but it's definitely gonna take a little time. I'm also not sure how long to make this. I'll figure it out. But this is all that's left; once that's done, I'll test the game myself, which could take a few days. Once I'm done with that, and fix what I find, I'll send it to people I trust for testing. Normally I wouldn't send it out for testing, but seeing how the whole thing is on a new engine and whatnot, plus all the new content, I gotta know how it performs.
Aside from that... yeah, it'll be this month at least. Based on the amount of work I've been putting into it each day, I'm guesstimating that in about a week or two, it should be out.


In other news... last week, I mentioned for Grave Story that I was contemplating elemental status effects. And it's something I really feel like I can use to enhance skills, weapons, enemies, and so forth. And I have a fancy little chart to show what most of them will do.


Some aren't final (I'm not sure if I'll be able to do the effect with Shadow that I want, so it's subject to change if I can't find a way to do it), and I don't yet know what to do with Water or Holy. Water would be much easier if it wasn't a JRPG. The effects that will stack will be relatively weak at first, but can get significantly more powerful the more times its applied. I will likely add these to Xiralv's Enchantments, that way they'll be a little more useful than simply applying an element to a weapon.

But yeah, I'm REALLY looking forward to getting back to doing actual work on Grave Story. I've got a bunch of ideas now, stuff that will help me out in the long run. But, Forum Fantasy update first.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to know you're doing well. Thanks again for accepting my idea for petrification!

    By the way, I found a thread on RPGMaker web with custom status effects. Maybe you'll find something for water and holy. http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/18511-eh-why-not-post-interesting-states-you-made-here/

    ReplyDelete