Sunday, May 10, 2015

5/10/15 Updates

Surprisingly, I do have stuff to talk about! It's a miracle.
For starters, I have a job now. I start training in a week, but I have it. So yay, that's done, and it was surprisingly easy to get. Anyway, that'll give me time to finally work on stuff again. Which I have minorly on the side anyway.

So, first up, Prepare to Die. It's pretty close to completion. I've completely reworked the main menu to have music and some neat effects, I've added a Pause menu (which is deceptively difficult to do in Game Maker), a level select that allows you to visit bosses you have access to, and the penultimate boss is 3/4ths done, which is a tag-team fight that takes inspiration from Ornstein and Smough from Dark Souls. That's about all I'll say there. Aside from that, I'm waiting on Avaril to finish the sprites for the final boss.

As for Grave Story, I've done a little bit of work on the current town, though I've been thinking about how I was going to do incorporeal undead (ghosts, spirits, etc.) The thing is, I'm one of those people that thinks it doesn't make any sense for some random bloke to pick up a sword and mysteriously injure a ghost with it. Dark Souls handled this really well, requiring cursed weapons to harm ghosts, which were cursed undead. Forgotten Realms (D&D), which I've obviously taken enormous amounts of inspiration from, also requires special items and such to harm spectral undead, as they're both in the physical and spiritual planes at once. 
Once I was preparing to re-release Forum Fantasy, people learned that there was a hidden Ice element in the game specifically for dealing extra damage to the Metroid- which, to my surprise, not even the Autarch knew about it. I thought about playing around with this idea, just not in a hidden manner. I'd basically be creating an element known as Ghost, Spectral, Curse, or something else specifically dedicated to harming ghosts. I've always liked playing around with this idea, so I'll see if I can make it work.

5 comments:

  1. ITS ALIIIVE!

    Glad to have a update Camel, and congrats on getting the job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I ran into a problem in Forum Fantasy.
    See, I was fighting Krazier's incarnations when one of them used Stinger.
    That's when my game crashed.
    Has this happened to anyone else or is it just me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was fixed when the game was re-updated.

      http://camelslayer.blogspot.com/2014/12/forum-fantasy-has-been-patched.html

      I didn't expect everyone would update to it immediately, but I did have to re-upload the game to fix some bugs, as well as implement the patching system.

      But yeah, Stinger used to have problems for.... some weird reason that made no sense to me even at the time. You'll have to download the whole thing again (sorry), but should something else be broken, the current version has the patch system implemented, which will prevent that from being necessary should something break.

      Delete
    2. If that's the case, is there a way I can transfer save states so I don't have to do the whole game again? Or am I screwed?

      Delete
    3. It's addressed in the post I put before- just copy-paste the saves from the old game folder into the new one.

      Delete