Saturday, August 15, 2015

Week of pure Hell.

So you know how I was wanting to finish Prepare to Die within a week? Yeah, that didn't happen.


Unfortunately, this past week was a living hell. From having to relocate my living arrangements to a car accident, last week was pretty much a nightmare that wouldn't go away. And it had a huge impact on my motivation and desire to get anything done.

Also I had upgraded to Windows 10, which for my laptop, was a huge mistake. Whether it's just because the hardware has an issue with it or what, I'm not sure, but there's a lot of shizz that just doesn't work properly. I have work-arounds for everything- most of which involve deactivating my graphics cards- but because of the way Microsoft set things up, I can't revert back to Windows 7. Apparently they overlooked a very small detail where important files pertaining to the downgrade get deleted, and there's no effing fix for it. So that too has slowed work, but not too horribly much.

For Prepare to Die specifically, there's still been the issue of "What the hell should the final boss look like?" I can manipulate sprites and make fairly simple ones, but I can't make complex ones that work well enough. The first idea for the final boss was the Goat of Chaos- which as mentioned in the last blog, didn't fall through. The second idea was to be Azrael, the Angel of Death. Which was a pretty good idea too- only problem is finding an appropriate angel sprite is next to impossible there. So I finally have an idea- with sprites- for a boss now. And it's just as appropriate, thankfully. That alone is enough of a motivator to get that done, because the lack of any decent sprites was a huge hindrance on any and all work.

So hopefully I'll get something done. And maybe make some progress on Grave Story while I'm at it.

3 comments:

  1. Tough luck, really sorry to hear about that. Hopefully things will improve in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. random question, but is there a playable version of prepare to die or grave story? I am quite interested in trying it because it looks very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For Prepare to Die I'm working on finishing up the final boss, and then the obligatory bug hunt. Just been quite busy in real life so it's been quite slow.

    Grave Story still needs like.... a lot of work. But I have a long weekend ahead so I might be able to finish up Prepare to Die at least. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete