Saturday, June 17, 2017

Prepare to Die Finally in Testing

I know it's been a long time since I last posted about Prepare to Die, but it is finally in a beta form.



For the maybe five people that actually even care about the game in the first place, you might be wondering why it is taking so long for me to get anything done. I won't lie- I suck at motivation. I mean, the Autarch practically had to be on my ass 24/7 just so I would actually get anything done with Forum Famtasy, and this isn't much different- except it don't really have anybody getting on my case about it, so it's just kind of slipped into hell.

But thankfully, the worst of that is past and it is finally in beta. Its being tested by a couple of people. Most everything I need is polishing and feedback from other people to see what they might think about the various bosses, whether anything is cheap or needs tweaking, or whatever.

Hopefully it won't take too long, but as I recall, the Autarch's birthday is actually coming up pretty soon, and given that Prepare to Die was based on his game "So You Think You're Good at Video Games?" I was hoping for this to at least be released in time for his birthday at the end of the month. Shouldn't be too difficult.

But yeah- a game that can be beaten in 30 minutes or less with enough skill, and it's taken me years to complete. Mother of god.

1 comment: